Short Term Orthodontic Braces
Short-term braces focus on correcting teeth fast and the results can be obtained as early as six months. The reason why short-term orthodontics can be appealing for many patients is that it can help to improve crowding and the appearance of the front six upper and lower teeth, also known as the “social six”. These teeth are the most visible when you smile.
What kind of issues short term braces treat
- Crooked teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
- Alignment issues
- Crowding complications
How short-term orthodontic braces work
Your dentist may perform short-term treatment and can suggest a combined treatment plan with orthodontic treatment to straighten teeth first, and finishing off with cosmetic improvements such as tooth whitening and recontouring with tooth-coloured composite bonding or dental veneers. Appliances that can be used for short-term treatment consist of removable braces, Invisalign aligners or sectional tooth coloured braces.
Popular treatment for the adults
Short-term braces are suitable for most people although these are usually used on adults, commonly used for fixing mild-to-moderate crowding problems such as aligning teeth, correcting different rotations and closing small gaps. The appointment intervals for short-term treatment are usually four-to-six weeks.
Why should you choose short-term braces?
- Improved aesthetics – The braces can be made from tooth-coloured and clear components so that they can straighten your smile without being self-conscious
- Extreme comfort – These braces use the latest friction-free technology to increase impact and lessen pain.
- Fewer dental appointments – Since the treatment works quickly, you will not need several appointments as you would have done for other treatments.
- Quick treatment time – The time needed for the treatment on average, is 6 months
- Affordable in price – The simplicity of the treatment makes it a cost-effective option for everyone.
- Amazing results – Short-term braces focus on the visible teeth when you smile. This means that you can have a sparkling new smile within a short time.
How to take care of short-term orthodontic braces
Unlike other forms of orthodontic treatment,special treatment, special attention must be paid to oral hygiene. This will help to prevent tooth decay that may take place due to food getting trapped in between the brackets or under aligners. You should brush your teeth after each meal and floss daily for improved dental health. Your dentist will give detailed information and answer all specific concerns that you might have related to this treatment.