Dental or Porcelain Veneers in Croydon
Dental veneers are customised shells made of composite or porcelain resin that fit over the teeth and improve their overall appearance. If you have chipped, stained, uneven, misaligned or worn teeth, then cosmetic dental solution can correct these problems.
Veneers can be used for the following reasons:
- Changing the colour of teeth
- Improving tooth shape
- Repair of chipped or broken teeth
- Repairing damage due to bruxism
- Helping with severe discoloration that cannot be fixed with whitening
- Filling in gaps between the teeth
Process of dental veneers
Resin-based dental veneers are usually accomplished in one appointment. At the first visit, the dentist will take X-rays of your teeth and. After this, he will trim the enamel ready for the application of the veneers. He will create an impression of your teeth and then send it to the laboratory and the veneers will be prepared in one to two weeks.
Once the veneer is ready, our dentist will check its colour and fit and prepare your teeth accordingly. He will clean your teeth and then roughen the surface to improve the adhesion of the veneers. The veneers will then be attached to the tooth by means of special cement and ultra violet light that is used to make them hard.
Our veneers specialist in Croydon may fix a follow-up appointment a few weeks after your dental veneer has been applied to check that all is well. Follow good oral hygiene habits and brush twice a day and floss daily and you can expect the veneers to last for at least five to ten years.
How to take care of veneers after placing them
- Do not bite or chew on objects like finger-nails, pens or ice.
- Avoid using your teeth to open packaging
- Try not to chew with the front teeth and eat hard foods with back teeth only
- If you clench or grind teeth at night, get a retainer or splint to protect your veneers
- Wear a mouth guard for playing sports
The cost of dental veneers
The cost of dental veneers will vary and so you should discuss your prices and treatment options with the dentist. Our dental surgeon will be happy to suggest the right kind of veneer for you.
Want to improve your appearance with dental veneers?
You may get in touch with our dentists to know about the costs of the treatment!Contact Us
Want to join Smile 4 U? Simply complete the form below and a member of our team will do the rest